Sections are specialized groups within ESOT focusing on a particular organ or a specific aspect of transplantation.
ESOT currently counts seven sections:
- ECTTA, the European Cardio-Thoracic Transplant Association, dedicated to heart and lung transplantation;
- EKITA, the European Kidney Transplant Association gathering experts working in kidney transplantation;
- ELITA, the European Liver and Intestine Transplant Association, focusing on liver and small bowel;
- EPITA, the European Pancreas and Islets Transplant Association, specialized in pancreas and islets of Langerhans;
- EDTCO, the European Donation and Transplant Coordination Organisation, which is the Society's donation and organ procurement Section;
- ELPAT, the Section focusing on Ethical, Legal and Psychosocial Aspects of organ Transplantation;
- ECTORS, the European Cell Therapy and Organ Regeneration Section;
- VCA , the ESOT Section dedicated to Vascularized Composite Allotransplantation.