ENDORSED: 5th International Living donor Liver Transplantation Congress
THE 5th INTERNATIONAL LIVING DONOR LIVER TRANSPLANTATION CONGRESS: “EXCELLENCE THROUGH VERSATILITY”
Organised by the INTERNATIONAL LIVING DONOR LIVER TRANSPLANTATION GROUP in collaboration with the Belgian Liver/Intestine Advisory Committee [Be-LIAC] of the Belgian Transplantation Society [BTS] and the Belgian Section for Hepato-biliary and Pancreatic Surgery (BSHBPS) of the Royal Belgian Society of Surgery [RBSS.]
Endorsed by ESOT, ELITA, ELTR, ILTS, ISLS, ILLS, UEMS-EBTS, ACHBT, EUROLIVER FOUNDATION, HEPATOTRANSPLANT BRUSSELS and BRUSSELS CAPITAL
15-16 OCTOBER 2021
VENUE: LE PLAZA HOTEL, BRUSSELS BELGIUM
This congress aims to give a comprehensive review and update about living donor liver transplantation (LDLT) and advanced hepatobiliary surgery.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
- To learn the liver transplantation community about the actual state of LDLT.This meeting is also meant to foster the development of LDLT in the Western world and so to expand it’s usage especially in the field of hepatobiliary oncology. Indeed LDLT represents the only modality to allow a substantial increase of liver allograft pool.
- To improve technical skills of every hepatobiliary surgeon in relation to biliary and especially vascular recontructions.
- To sensitize hepatobiliary surgeons for the potential of liver transplantation in the field of oncology
Update the knowledge about:
LDLT and extended liver surgery · different types of living donor hepatectomy and alternative transplantation techniques · extended liver resection surgery by applying techniques of LDLT and LT · implementation of modern technology in liver transplantation and surgery · learn about ethical problems in LDLT and LT · the advantages and disadvantages of respectively LDLT/LT and liver resection in the treatment of primary and secondary hepatobiliary tumors · management of postoperative problems in both donor and recipient · management of unexpected vascular and biliary problems in LDLT and LT.
EACCME and Belgian accrediatation for categoreis 4 and 6 (Ethics) have been requested.
- Preliminary Scientific Programme
- Welcome address from the Congress Presidents
- Congress description