ELPAT2019 Plenary Dialogues
International kidney exchange: opportunity or exploitation?
- Global kidney exchange: the evidence to date
- Exploring international exchange from a European perspective: hurdles and opportunities
Invited speakers: Michael Rees (USA) & Bernadette Haase (Netherlands)
Is opting out the solution for the organ shortage?
- The ethics of consent policies and the role of families in deceased organ procurement
- Opting out in the UK: A matter of principles and pragmatism in public affairs
Invited speakers: David Rodriguez-Arias (Spain) & Antonia Cronin (United Kingdom)
Challenges and opportunities in Vascularized Composite Allotransplantation (VCA)
- Achievements and challenges in VCA
- Informed consent in VCA
Invited speakers: Gerard Brandacher (USA)& Elisa Gordon (USA)
Living Donor Organ Banking: a worthwhile investment?
- Vouchers for living donors kidneys: Ethics and implications
- The body as gift, commodity, or something in between
Invited speakers: Gabriel Danovitch (USA) & Julian Koplin (Australia)