5TH ELPAT CONGRESS 2019 - GRANTS
>>> Conference grants for early stage researchers and delegates from emerging economies
The organizing committee introduces this support measure for early stage researchers and delegates from emerging economies to participate in this conference.
Conditions for funding:
- is a PhD student,
- or completed his/her PhD research less than one year before the beginning of the conference,
- or is working in a low income, lower middle income or upper middle income country according to the World Bank List and Definition of Emerging Markets List can be viewed here.
*** The applicant must be working in a field related to the conference themes ***
*** In order to be eligible for this grant, an accepted oral or poster contribution at the conference is required ***
The grant can be used to cover:
- travel expenses based on economy class (flight)/second class (train)/€ 0,19 per km (car). You are kindly asked to take care of your own travel arrangements;
- accommodation costs (2 nights maximum). You are kindly asked to book your own hotel room. The organizers will refund an amount of no more than € 145 per night (single occupancy) including breakfast and taxes;
- The registration fee will be waived. Successful grant applicants do not need to register via the website.
Please note that:
- The maximum amount an applicant can request is Euro 500.
- Applications are handled on a first come, first served basis.
- The organizing committee reserves the right to refuse applications or reduce requested grants, due to limitations to the financial capacity of the conference holder.
*** Applicants must be ESOT members ***
If an applicant is not a member of ESOT, a membership application must be completed on the ESOT website in order for the grant to be distributed. (For more information about membership, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
Applications must contain the following documents:
- Application form (ELPAT application form) duly completed
- Short CV
- Copy of abstract/paper submitted to the conference
- Proof of acceptance of abstract/paper by the conference
- A short statement from your employer or your PhD supervisor at the university where you are doing your PhD, as proof that you are carrying out a PhD or have graduated within the past year.
The application form and accompanying documents must be submitted no later than 17:00 CET on Friday 18 January 2019 by email to Dr. Emma Massey – ELPAT Chair (email@example.com). Applications submitted after this date will not be considered.
You will be notified whether your application has been accepted by 25 January 2019.
For questions related to the application procedure, please contact Dr. Emma Massey – ELPAT Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For questions about the reimbursement procedure, please contact Giovanna Rossi from the ESOT Office (email@example.com).