Liver transplantation and COVID-19: a joint ESOT-ELITA, ILTS, and EASL project
Webinar organised in the context of the #ESOTTLJ in collaboration with ILTS and EASL
ESOT-ELITA, EASL and ILTS are proud to announce a joint initiative on the impact of COVID-19 on liver transplantation, with a joint survey focusing on liver transplant candidates and waiting lists. With this webinar, we will launch this important collaboration: ESOT-ELITA, EASL and ILTS speakers will discuss the effects of the pandemic on liver transplantation in Europe and in the United States as well as the response of medical societies in regard to education.
Wojciech Polak, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Luca Saverio Belli, Milan, Italy (ESOT)
Karine Lacombe, Paris, France (EASL)
Jean C. Emond, New York, United States (ILTS)
*** Supported by an unrestricted grant from Chiesi ***
• Variations in the impact of COVID-19 on liver transplantation across Europe and the United States
• The impact of the pandemic on transplant activities
• COVID-19-related mortality in liver transplant recipients and candidates
• Lessons learnt and future perspectives
• Medical education during the pandemic: challenges and opportunities
This webinar is part of the ESOT series on the impact COVID-19 on organ transplantation and of the preparatory activities for the TLJ 2.0 programme (15-17 November, 2020). The webinar is organised by the working group WS07, focusing on COVID-19.
For more information on TLJ 2.0 activities please visit www.tlj-esot.org.