ACADEMIA: Personal Scientific Empowerment!
For this event we have activated the EasyESOT option. Easy ESOT is a simple way for you to:
- register for the event at the reduced fee rate for ESOT members
- renew your ESOT membership for the year 2019 and get all its benefits: all in one click!
When you register, just pick the “EASY ESOT” registration fee and go ahead with the regular purchase.
Both your course registration and your membership renewal will be processed without delay.
USEFUL INFO FOR YOUR REGISTRATION:
Do you need a regular invoice for your registration fee?
Please do contact our Administration Department - Mrs Giovanna Piantella email@example.com BEFORE proceeding with the registration and the payment.
As no invoice can be issued after your payment.
>From 2 weeks before>>>Journal Club on a selection of papers
PERSONAL SCIENTIFIC EMPOWERMENT!
- Present with confidence
- Find the Leader in you
- Do your own Systematic Review
- Upgrade your Network!
ACADEMIA is the perfect way to prepare for your participation in the ESOT2019 Congress in Copenhagen.
The 4-day course consists of a mix of lectures, a case discussion, short presentations by the attendees and an interactive small-groups systematic review workshop.
Participants will have the opportunity to win two awards during the course.
The Sir Peter Morris Award. This will be awarded for the best systematic review abstract.
The Henrik Ekberg Award. This will be awarded for the best participant presentation.
Key academic skills that participants will acquire include:
Systematic review and meta-analysis
Basics of medical statistics
Academic writing and editing
Preparing and delivering presentations
Special Module by Susan West (Solvay Univeristy, Brussels, Belgium):
WORKSHOP: Leading in the 21st Century: Communicating with Impact
• What you do that causes your communication breakdowns
• How to catch and correct yourself when you fall into typical traps
• A new set of skills and techniques to ensure you have consistently great conversations
• How to increase your credibility and influence with people over whom you have no formal control.
The workshop is open to 25 professionals, from trainee to senior consultant level. The number of attendees is limited to promote active participation and to stimulate close interaction amongst attendees and educators.
Registered participants to the ACADEMIA Course are kindly requested to:
1. Be ready for the Journal Club that will take place the week before the course starts - online (date & time will be shared next week)
2. Prepare a presentation for the Henrik Ekberg Award (free subject/topic; time at disposal 7 minutes) - please send it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 28/01/2019
Registered participants will also have access to the preaparatory material provided for the Module: "Leading in the 21st Century: Communicating with Impact" (February 8-9, 2019)
3. Install the following software preferably on your laptops in relation to the Practical Workshop Systematic Review on Feb. 7th and 8th by Liset Pengel:
#ACADEMIA will benefit of the All ESOT App, so it will be paperless. You are kindly invited to bring your own device and to download the All ESOT App once you receive the activation email.
We look forward to a great learning experience with you!