9th International NICE_EPITA Workshop
The aim of this workshop is to provide theoretical education and practical training to scientists, physicians, surgeons and technicians who are new or junior to the field of islet isolation, transplantation and metabolic/immunological follow-up of transplanted patients.
Baseline knowledge and practical training regarding islet isolation and transplantation in murine models will be provided during a 3 day focused programme.
This workshop will provide theoretical education and practical training about stem cell culture and differentiation into insulin-producing cells and innovative approaches in tissue engineering.
The main topics that will be addressed in this workshop are:
* Human islet isolation, culture, perifusion and transplantation
* Immunological and metabolic follow-up of transplanted patients
* Murine islet isolation and transplantation in mouse models
* Generation of stem cell-derived beta cells
* Innovative strategies in tissue engineering
Scientists, physicians, surgeons and technicians who are new or junior to the field of islet isolation and transplantation; scientists interested in updates on the latest innovative strategies in the field of beta cell replacement.