The Transplant Library database provides quick and easy access to high quality evidence on all aspects of organ transplantation. The database is produced by the Centre for Evidence in Transplantation, which is directed by Professor Sir Peter Morris.
The Transplant Library includes:
• All Randomized Controlled Trials (RCTs) in solid organ transplantation from the earliest record to the present.
• Congress Abstracts of RCTs, not available in PubMed, that have been presented at conferences, but have not yet been published (or never will be)
• Records of ongoing trials
• Good quality Systematic Reviews
• Expert Reviews written by a panel of >150 experts
• CET Conclusions: assessment of the methodological quality and the main trial conclusions written by the Centre for Evidence in Transplantation
Other features include:
• RCTs are critically appraised and receive a methodological quality score
• New publications receive a Clinical Impact Rating
• Practice Changing Studies are highlighted
• Personal Evidence Update: users receive monthly Personal Evidence Updates based on their selected topics of interest
• Direct free access to Open Access articles (~950 and growing rapidly)
• Records include funding information and trial registration number
• The search interface includes unique limits specific to organ transplantation to make searching even faster and more effective.
The Transplant Library is updated every two weeks with new RCTs and every 4 weeks with new systematic reviews, keeping users abreast of newly reported evidence
Click here for more information on the Transplant Library including the methodological quality rating for trials and the selection of systematic reviews.